Wednesday, December 9, 2009

THX 1138

This time I watched THX 1138, one of George Lucas's first films. I have to say that I was very impressed with the visuals and the sound was great. The movie tells the story of a society where everyone is in a sedated state and has the only purpose of keeping the society in working order. I'm reminded of the movie Equilibrium but in a more subtle, artistic form. The interesting thing about this movie is that the antagonist is the society itself. A community where human emotions are not only discouraged but outlawed. Another funny thing I noticed is all the influences this had on Star Wars. At one point in the movie, there was some off-screen conversation and I believe I caught someone saying "Yeah, I think I ran over a wookie." A must see for any science fiction fan or anyone who enjoys movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment