Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Public Writing Proposal: Yucca Mountain

Earlier this year, President Obama proposed that we not use Yucca mountain as a location to store nuclear waste. Yucca Mountain is situated in Nevada and is on a military base. If we were not to store our left-over nuclear residue, then where would we put it? At the moment there is no feasible location other than Yucca Mountain. I’m a large supporter of nuclear energy, but even I know there are some downsides, like nuclear waste. We currently have several nuclear power plants operating in the United States, and soon we will need a secure location to store the waste of those plants. Yucca Mountain is hands-down the best option in this case.



1 comment:

  1. I think that is a great topic. I need to start my paper today.

    ReplyDelete